The Dental Clinic takes great care to protect the personal data we hold for our patients in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The purpose of collecting and storing personal data about our patients is to ensure we can:
- Provide, appropriate, safe and effective dental care, treatment and advice for all our patients.
- Fulfil any contracts we hold in relation to their care.
- For business administration of their care.
Personal data held for our patients
The personal data we process (processing includes obtaining the information, using it, storing it, securing it, disclosing it, and destroying it) for our patients includes:
- Name, address, date of birth
- Unique identification number
- Next of Kin
- Email address
- Phone numbers
- GP contact details
- Medical history
- Dental care records
- Family group
- Payment plan details
- Financial information
- Credit cards receipts
- Details of any complaints received
We keep an inventory of personal data we hold on our patients and this is available for patients on request. A list of personal information held is also included in our Privacy Notice that is given to all patients.