1. Visit your Dentist every six to twelve months for a full and thorough screening for Gum Disease, Tooth Decay, Mouth Cancer, Cracks in teeth and restorations and Jaw/Bite analysis.
2. Visit a Hygienist to help with your prevention of tooth loss, decay and bad breath. Fund 1 and 2 on a monthly Oral Health membership scheme like the Pratice Plan at Mortiboys Dental Spa.
3. Keep your mouth ph neutral/alkaline.Keep your interdental stagnation spaces clean with floss, interdental brushes, waterjets and rinse with alkaline products like salt water.
4. Get a chiropractor/osteopath to assess if your bite is affecting your musculo-skeletal system giving you aches and pains.
5. Use a regeneration tooth paste/conditioner like Tooth Mousse, to reduce risks of dental erosion, cavities and sensitivity.
6. Ask your Dentist to make you a 5-year Oral Health Plan to help prevent future major treatment and financial expense.
7. Regularly check inside your mouth, tongue, lips and cheeks for visual changes. Get a Dentist to look as soon as possible if you are concerned about anything. Mouth cancer is on the increase and if caught early, it is often life-saving.